Society for Enhancement of Quality of Life (SEQL)
Annual Report For The Year 2018
offering educational programs to increase the awareness and expression of the qualities of soul and the strength of group soul, to reveal the One Life, and to help people live more effectively in their everyday lives to bring a finer aspect of Life to the emerging New World Community
It was in the Fall of 1998 that SEQL offered its first course, a ten-weekend program for a class of eight students. Over the next twenty years the curriculum evolved and expanded to help increasing numbers of course members meet the challenges inherent in the rapidly changing world community.
Underlying the changing world is a pattern of strengthening Life energies that support the expansion of the consciousness of humanity, infusing every aspect of our lives and urging us in new directions. One effect has been to bring a stronger unity of purpose to groups that seek change on issues of inequality and human rights, and to the countless individuals and groups that give loving care to those in need at home and around the world, acts that identify with the fact we are one humanity. But the changes have also been disruptive and confusing to some who, fearing their old familiar ways of living, their beliefs and their values are under threat, have formed like-minded groups to reinforce their traditional political, religious or cultural identity and sense of belonging.
The urge to belong and to align with a particular identity is a reflection of a fundamental reality – that evolutionary human urge to know and express one’s self, an urge that is behind all our striving for self-improvement. But it is a distorted reflection of an inner urge to know and express our true identity – soul – that element of spirit infusing a human form; that reality behind the reflection. It is an urge that is calling to us ever more brightly.
Our twenty years of learning in our SEQL courses has, from the beginning, always been directed toward raising awareness of the fact of our true identity as soul, developing our awareness of our esoteric group service and revealing by our actions the fact of the One Life. To achieve that direction, our curriculum has expanded from our 1998 beginnings to several courses and now forty to fifty students each year, many of whom return year after year. Over the years our esoteric group cohesion has become steadily stronger and we are now an effective serving unit.
Our financial position is very simple. Our courses are tuition-free with a charge of $50.00 per course member to cover a few administrative and rental expenses. Retreats are offered at cost of accommodations. Our thanks go to our course leaders, to the many who help with program management, all of whom are unpaid volunteers, and to our course members, as we together steadily build a brighter radiation of the light of One.
February 28, 2019
Society for Enhancement of Quality of Life (SEQL)
Appendix to the 2018 Annual Report
Programs offered during 2018 – 2019 Course Term
Courses based in the Victoria, BC Canada Region.
- Expanding The Intuition: Living Peace
- Esoteric Communications: Living Your Deep Identity
- Esoteric Healing I
- Ontology and Energy Training II (Two Sections)
- A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Weekly All Day Meetings
- Telepathy and the Etheric Vehicle – Weekly Evening Meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali I – semi-monthly meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali II – semi-monthly meetings
- Full Moon Meditations
- Public Group Service Meditation Evenings – first Monday of each month, except July, plus a second December evening near the solstice.
Email Correspondence Courses
- The Global Group: Discovering Soul’s Journey
- Sounds Like Soul: Knowing Ourselves as Energy – five courses
- i) SLS 4; ii) SLS 10; iii) SLS 11; iv) SLS 12; vi) SLS Summer program
In-Residence Retreats (away from the city)
- April – four days
- September – four days
Texts for the courses include: several books by Alice A. Bailey; Martin Muller, Prelude to the New Man; Martin Muller, Class Transcripts; The Agni Yoga Series, Leaves of Morya’s Garden, Other texts as appropriate.
All courses are open to anyone willing to undertake the course requirements. The ten-weekend courses are held from September to the end of May, each course representing about 120 class hours with substantial pre-class preparation. The study groups meet from September to the end of May and periodically through the summer months with individual study and preparation between the meetings.
Members of the email courses connect with their own course group members on regular one-week or three-week cycles of assignment, preparation and reporting. Some email course members are also members of the Victoria course groups.
Three times during the year members of all of the courses, including email course members who live within travelling distance of Victoria, come together for a weekend as a large integrated class.
Detailed descriptions of the basic curriculum are provided at www.seql.net
Guiding Principles of the Society’s Educational Programs
- The purpose of our learning is to serve by bringing a finer aspect of life to humanity.
- Serving is using the power of soul for the benefit of others.
- Our service is much greater when we are aware of group strength.
- One part of the path toward group awareness and group service is daily practice of our Group Service Meditation.
- Study, meditation and service are our fundamental practices.
- Individuals are responsible for their own knowing.
- Every person is a learner and a teacher at all times.
- We are disciples of intelligence.
- We seek strength in diversity, harmony in action.
- We learn to Live Soul, Act Group, Reveal One.
Board of Directors
Blair Little President Michael Jones Vice President
Margo Rush Secretary Lynne Ronneseth Treasurer
Ann Harley Director Susan Norman Director