Society for Enhancement of Quality of Life (SEQL)
Annual Report For The Year 2019
offering educational programs to increase the awareness and expression of the qualities of soul and the strength of group soul, to reveal the One Life, and to help people live more effectively in their everyday lives to bring a finer aspect of Life to the emerging New World Community
Amid the complex currents of world change, disruption and confusion, the SEQL educational programs seek to bring an awareness of the underlying energies that are causing our experiences and also to train our sensitivity to the finer currents of life and thus enhance our ability to express them more effectively as we face the challenges of change in our everyday activities. The energy sensitivity training is a particular focus of our weekend courses and our public meditation evenings, but all of our programs bring elements of that training.
As a way of sharing our learning, and at the same time strengthening our subjective service, we have increased our contacts with other groups of similar intent, locally, nationally and internationally, by personal and internet connections and in our subjective group meditations. We expect these sharing contacts to continue to increase in the years ahead.
In September, 2019 a total of fifty-one students registered in our courses, about the same number as we have had in recent years. Many students have been continuously engaged in SEQL courses for several years – some since the Society first offered courses in 1998. Some students are taking more than one course; consequently our total course enrolment is ninety-two.
Our courses are tuition-free; there is a small fee to cover rental and administrative expenses. As a registered charity we receive donations that are used to bring guest speakers to the city and to support other organizations having a purpose similar to SEQL’s. Our thanks go to our volunteer course leaders and program managers, and to our course members, as we together build a strong group serving action..
After holding the position of President of SEQL since its founding in 1998, I have decided to step down from the Board to make way for fresh initiatives from new leaders, confident that the strength and diversity of qualities they bring will enhance SEQL’s serving action. I am very grateful for the close relationships that I have had with the many SEQL course members over the years and thank them all for enriching my life.
January 20, 2020
Appendix to the 2019 Annual Report
Programs offered during the 2019 – 2020 Course Year
Courses based in the Victoria, BC Region.
- Expanding The Intuition: Living Peace
- Refining The Intuition: Living Your Deep Identity
- Esoteric Healing II
- Ontology and Energy Training III
- A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Monthly All Day Meetings
- Letters on Occult Meditation – Weekly Evening Meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali III – Semi-monthly morning meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali IV – Semi-monthly evening meetings
- Full Moon Meditations
- Public Group Service Meditation Evenings on the first Monday of each month, except July, plus a second December evening near the solstice
Email Correspondence Courses
- The Global Group: Discovering Soul’s Journey
- Sounds Like Soul: Knowing Ourselves as Energy – six courses
- i) SLS 1; ii) SLS 5; iii) SLS 11; iv) SLS 12; v) SLS 14; vi) Summer SLS
Texts for the courses include: several books by Alice A. Bailey; Martin Muller, Prelude to the New Man; Martin Muller, Class Discussion Transcripts; the Agni Yoga Series, Leaves of Morya’s Garden, Other texts and articles as appropriate.
All courses are open to anyone willing to undertake the course requirements. The eleven-weekend courses are held from September to the end of May, each course representing about 130 class hours with substantial pre-class preparation. The study groups meet from September to the end of May and periodically through the summer months with individual study and preparation between the meetings.
Members of the email courses connect with their own course group members on regular one-week or three-week cycles of assignment, preparation and reporting. Email course members live in several different locations and some are also members of the Victoria course groups.
Four times during the year members of all of the courses, including email course members who live within travelling distance of Victoria, come together for a weekend as a large integrated class.
Detailed descriptions of the basic curriculum are provided at www.seql.net
Guiding Principles of the Society’s Educational Programs
- The purpose of our learning is to serve by bringing a finer quality of life to humanity.
- Serving is using the power of soul for the benefit of others.
- Our service is much greater when we are aware of group strength.
- One part of the path toward group awareness and group service is daily practice of our Group Service Meditation.
- Study, meditation and service are our fundamental practices.
- Individuals are responsible for their own knowing.
- Every person is a learner and a teacher at all times.
- We are disciples of intelligence.
- We seek strength in diversity, harmony in action.
- We learn to Live Soul, Act Group, Reveal One.
2020-21 Board of Directors
Margo Rush – President Dacia Moss – Vice-President
Beverley Kovic – Secretary Sheilaigh Allan – Treasurer
Lynne Ronneseth, Pamela Lewis, Ann Harley, Kevin Ronneseth – Directors