Offering educational programs to increase the awareness and expression of the qualities of soul and the strength of group soul, to reveal the One Life, and to help people live more effectively in their everyday lives to bring a finer aspect of Life to the emerging New World Community
Amid the complex currents of world change, disruption, and confusion, the SEQL educational programs bring an awareness to the underlying energies and forces affecting our experiences. SEQL programs train our sensitivity to the finer currents of Life, and enhance our ability to express Life more effectively as we face the challenges of change in our everyday activities. Energy sensitivity training is a particular focus of our weekend courses and our public meditation evenings.
As a way of sharing our learning, and at the same time strengthening our subjective service, we have increased our contacts with other groups of similar intent, locally, nationally, and internationally, by personal and online connections and in our subjective group meditations. We expect these contacts with other groups to continue to increase in the years ahead.
In September, 2020 a total of forty-nine students registered in our courses. These are similar numbers to previous years. Many students have been engaged in SEQL courses for several years – some since the Society first offered courses in 1998. Some students are taking more than one course.
Our courses remain tuition-free. As a registered charity we receive donations that are used to bring guest speakers to the city and to support other organizations having a purpose similar to SEQL’s. The Board thanks our volunteer course leaders and program managers, and our course members, as together, we build a strong group serving action.
2020 was a year of transition and adjustment on all accounts. Our founder and former president, Blair Little stepped back from his roles of leadership, program design and teaching after 22 years at the helm. Due to the pandemic, all our classes and gatherings of all groups moved online. We are building on our individual and group strengths as we move forward into new ways of organizing, learning, teaching, and working together cooperatively.
Margo A. Rush, President of the Board
January 29, 2021
Appendix to the 2020 Annual Report ~ Programs offered during the 2020-21 Course Year
Weekend Courses held online:
- Refining The Intuition: Living Your Deep Identity
- Esoteric Healing III
- Law of Vibratory Expansion
Study Groups (currently held on Zoom):
- A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Monthly All Day Meetings
- Labours of Hercules – Weekly Evening meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Book III – Semi-monthly Morning Meetings
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Book I – Semi-monthly Evening Meetings
- One Heart Agni Yoga Group – Monthly Afternoon/Evening Meetings
- Agni Yoga Contemplative Group – Monthly Afternoon/Evening Meetings
- Esoteric Astrology- Monthly Morning Meetings
Monthly Meditations (currently held online)
Full Moon Meditations
Public Group Service Meditation – Evenings, every first and third Monday
December Solstice Meditation
Email Correspondence Courses:
- The Global Group: Discovering Soul’s Journey
- Various Sounds Like Soul groups, including SLS 12, SLS 13 & SLS 15
Texts for the courses include:
- Several books by Alice B Bailey
- Martin Mueller, Prelude to the New Man
- Martin Mueller, Class Discussion Transcripts
- The Agni Yoga Series – Leaves of Morya’s Garden
- Additional texts and articles as appropriate
All courses are open to anyone willing to undertake the course requirements. The weekend courses are held from September to the end of May with substantial pre-class preparation. The study groups meet from September to the end of May and periodically through the summer months with individual study and preparation between the meetings.
Members of the email courses connect with their course group members on regular one-week or three-week cycles of assignment, preparation, and reporting. Email course members live in several different locations and some are also members of the Victoria course groups.
Two to three times during the year, all course members come together online for a weekend as a large integrated class.
Detailed descriptions of the basic curriculum are provided at www.seql.net
Guiding Principles of the Society’s Educational Programs
- The purpose of our learning is to serve by bringing a finer quality of life to humanity.
- Serving is using the power of soul for the benefit of others.
- Our service is much greater when we are aware of group strength.
- One part of the path toward group awareness and group service is daily practice of our Group Service Meditation.
- Study, meditation and service are our fundamental practices.
- Individuals are responsible for their own knowing.
- Every person is a learner and a teacher at all times.
- We are disciples of intelligence.
- We seek strength in diversity, harmony in action.
- We learn to Live Soul, Act Group, Reveal One.
2020-21 Board of Directors
Margo Rush – President Dacia Moss – Vice-President
Beverley Kovic – Secretary Sheilaigh Allan – Treasurer
Lynne Ronneseth, Pamela Lewis, Kevin Ronneseth, Ann Harley – Directors